Double Your Traffic By Adding Events To Google My Business
Welcome to Day 28 of My FREE 30 Day Google My Business Challenge To Boost Your Business
Do You Know How To Add Events To Google My Business?
You Can Use Your GMB Posts to Promote Your Event & Double traffic according to Eventbright. Did you know events post on Google My Business see 100% more traffic to their websites? So if you're serious about local SEO, can you avoid learning about how to add event posts?
It's day 28 and this is going to help build and increase traffic to your website. THis is the last type of post we cover during your 30 day challenge.
#boostmybusiness1 month = 30 days of opportunity
- 0:00 Introduction to Event Posts
- 0:50 2 ways to use GMB events
- 2:00 Titles on events
- 3:10 Ideas for types of events
- 5:00 How Google scrapes events
- 6:10 Can use Eventful, Eventbrite
- 8:35 Use Scheme for events
- 9:07 Adding an event in Google Business
Over the past month, we have covered posts and how to maximise their SEO impact to help you rank. Day 7, 14, 21, and today is day 28.
Today I show you 2 ways to use Google My Business posts to promote your event This one we haven't covered before. If you missed any of this series then make sure you head over to Boost My Business page, as it has a list of all the video tutorials there.
Today's Quote is from Mason Cooley "An event is not over until everyone is tired of talking about it."
Create Events 2 Ways in Google
You can take advantage of this twofold by:
- - First creating an event page for any events on your site, adding the markup, and hoping Google scrapes your site and uses this in place of third-party sites.
- - Second, you can create an Event Post with the same details of the event, and link it to the schema marked up event on your website.
Google My Business Knowledge Panel Events
Events in The Business Profile (Knowledge Panel) Are These The Same As Event Posts? - no
Events in the Business Profile (KP) are not connected to Google Events Posts. These events are pulled from third-party sources (like Eventful, Eventbrite) or your own website and marked up in Event Schema or structured data markup.
Use https://fatjoe.com/blog-title-generator/ For Title Ideas
Questions regarding your business events
- Are you missing opportunities for greater exposure through events?
- Do you use events correctly?
- Do your events capture any interest?
Writing Event TitlesSome CTA's (Call To Actions) work better than others so choose the right button to compliment the title
Event Titles Are Optional. You can use up to a maximum of 58 characters (with spaces) for your title. If you are using all of the allowable characters, some of the text will get cut off in the thumbnail preview .
It’s not mandatory to add a title, but if you do add one your post will stand out in search results and the title will be bold. Currently, you can’t manually bold any text in posts, and so having a title does make it pop more.
How to write mindblowing Event titles - https://fatjoe.com/blog-title-generator/
Understanding Event Posts on GMB
- This is a date post, so could you think of an event as they ar powerful
- Google may show it as a local event
- Are you doing an open day?
- Are you appearing at a local street fete or an exhibition?
These events gives more relevancy to your business in the Google database especially if its in the local area.
Do This Today
- Have you used events? Try and add an event today.
- Try changing your titles to capture interest
- Try different CTA's
Make More Sales In Google My Business
In Day 29, it's all about the Google My Business Product Posts. Every business owner wants to make more sales.
#boostmybusiness1 month = 30 days of opportunity SEE YOU TOMORROW