Google My Business Reviews in 2021 have never been so important.
When was the last time you gave a Google My Business review for a hotel or restaurant? It’s becoming part of everyday life, when you visit a place of interest, you probably take a few minutes to look at the rating and read one or two comments.
Google My Business Reviews are more than just the comments and ratings. What about the customer photos? According to the Google algorithm, what your customer writes, the words used, the area it’s taken from, the quality of customer photos, the descriptions and keywords are far more important to Google for establishing expertise in your local area.
What makes a perfect Google My Business review? The video
Timestamps For Google My Business Tips & Tricks Video
The timestamp for those 7 predictions are linked to the exact place in the video above.
- 0:00 Intro to a perfect Google My Business review
- 0:28 Why do you want a Google My Business Reviews?
- 0:58 THe wrong way to handle reviews
- 1:10 the 4 things needed for a powerful review
- 1:20 Get the GMB review there and then
- 2:50 Use their phone for photos
- 3:48 Get more keywords and details into the review
- 5:20 Email them the info needed for a powerful review
The Way Google My Business Reviews Should Be Handled
So you have a great customer. They love your work.
You think to yourself “please can you give me a positive review on Google My Business”
You get really brave and suggest a 5 star would be awesome! And off they go!
Realistically you have been offered the dream ticket and thrown it on the floor. What a Willy Wonka!
The 4 step process to powerful Google My Business reviews
Let me explain why and the 3 things that should have happened…
1. Ask them could you show them on their mobile how they can give a review (strike while the irons hot) search your company name on their phone and locate review….gives genuine positive signals to Google
2. While they have their phone with them, ask would they mind taking a couple of photos and sending them on the review as that helps build trust for other potential customers reading the review. As you will see in the chart down the page, this is massive in the Google algorithm.
3. Also you should know what keywords you are aiming to be found under, this could be your main categories or services, it could be a suggestion from a recent keyword research tool, but now ask them for detail of the service and qualities that they felt you excelled in.
4. Finally if they aren’t able to do the review there and then, ask could you email a link (show it) where they can fill out a review when they get home in that text or email, ask for the keywords and any photos they could take to be added. you could even send them a link to this video to explain why and what you want to achieve
As you can see below a large chunk in the Algorithm is set aside for “Keywords in Native Google Reviews.
6 Million Views On Google My Business Review – Look What Happened
If someone gave you 6,784,534 views on your GMB, would you thank them? Well, this is a video that is going to provide a valuable lesson for all business owners large all small.
As you will know from my channel, Google gives every customer a chance to review, add photos, rate the business and sometimes even more details where needed. I often speak of the importance of answering ALL reviews. I gave 7 reviews and now look back to see what happened in the video above.
What can you learn from these Google My Business reviews and what mistakes should you avoid? In one case, I gave them over 6 million views and not even a thank you. As you can see many businesses don’t reply to reviews. That’s where you can get ahead.
TIMESTAMPS For This Video
0:00 Intro On My 7 Google My Business Reviews
0:56 Pub basic review response
1:16 Superdry quick review response
1:38 Great character response
2:38 Google My Business review good response on a negative comment
3:20 Bank – No response to any positive reviews
3:55 Nike – Bad queues – no response – very poor
5:09 Over 6 million views – no response – Very Poor
How To Delete A Google Review Someone Else Posted Video
Concluding thoughts On GMB Reviews
Google My Business Reviews are incredibly important. The thing about Google is that your local reputation really has a huge impact on your business. And it’s important to note Google’s stance when considering the local reputation of your business. In general, businesses that are not known for their local reputation will have a tough time getting results. So unless you ask, most happy customers forget to add a review. The only ones that do remember are those that are unhappy!
The next thing to do is to set yourself a plan at https://zanet.co.uk/help-with-google-my-business/
What to do next
If you then want more support videos and learn how to really push your listing up another level head over to the Zanet YouTube Channel
Zanet Design Ltd is based in Bournemouth. If you want a reliable web design manager or just need some type of benefit from my experience, then book a consultation with me and I will do my best to give you the best advice tailored for your business.