Keyword Research in Google My Business
Welcome to Day 12 of My FREE 30 Day Google My Business Challenge To Boost Your Business
We talk a lot about keywords for local SEO. But lets nail how to do Keyword Research in Google My Business.
today I will give you the 7 tools and extensions I use to locate great keywords to get more traffic to my business and give it a boost through Google My Business and Google Maps
So this lesson is crucial and I've devoted 15 minutes to it (it was 30!)
#boostmybusiness1 month = 30 days of opportunity
- 0:00 Introduction to keyword research
- 0:20 Where to use keywords
- 1:08 What are keywords?
- 4:30 think about qualifiers in keywords
- 5:35 7 Keyword Tools Boost My Business
- 7:15 Rating keywords value
- 10:08 My favourite tool
- 12:35 The perfect keyword
Knowing How to do keyword research in Google My Business is more important than ever. Google now encourages business owners to include relevant keywords in their Google My Business listings, posts and (GMB) descriptions. Did you miss Day 1 https://youtu.be/Nv9-WdiwKcs ? Then head there right now to get the context.
TODAY'S FREE KEYWORD TOOLS
Below are the 7 tools I use in the vidoe for my keyword research. Some of the links help support this channel
- Google ABC results: Google.com
- Google Keywords: https://ads.google.com/home/tools/keyword-planner/
- Keywords Everywhere: https://keywordseverywhere.com/
- SemRush: http://www.semrush.com/sem?ref=5425319064
- KWfinder: https://kwfinder.com#a5d3392bffeebf80fc9e346ee
- Surfer SEO https://surferseo.com/keyword-surfer-extension/?fp_ref=zane94
- Answer the public: https://answerthepublic.com?via=zane
In the video I gave a bonus link for I search from: http://isearchfrom.com/ and of course be sure to subscribe for more tips: http://bit.ly/zanetsub
What are keywords?
These are the words you use to find what you want
For example "window cleaner" Yet most potential customers don't type window cleaner
They use longer keywrds like:
- window cleaner near me
- window cleaner in Bournemouth
- window cleaner nearby
These are called Long-Tail Keywords (3 to 5 words) , but they are a lot easier to get traffictraffic = customers
Question what is the perfect keywords?
You want keywords with...
- high demand
- High buying intent
- Low competition.
Note if you are using the vidoe format on YouTube, "how to" get a lot of traffic with videos, especially if you add timestamps
Use keywords everywhere
Use keywords everywhere your business appears in search engines. Also consider theses areas...
- Web page
- Google My Business Knowledge panel
- GMB Free website
- Your products
- GMB offers
- Your posts and blog
- About page
- alt tags on images
Google Tools For keywords
- Think about your categories
- Type them into Google
- Observe what Google highlights
- Don't be scared, look for clues
- Go to ubersuggest
- Add your location and again do above
Tomorrow I look at monitoring.
When you monitor your GMB growth and beat yourself that is going to really boost your business
Also discover 3 Easy strategies to improve your local SEO
#boostmybusiness1 month = 30 days of opportunitySEE YOU TOMORROW